Total Pageviews

Monday, June 20, 2011

New cards and more pictures...

I made a couple of cards for Father's Day - one for my husband, and one for my son in law.  My son in law loves bowling, so that one is bowling themed:

This is the outside of the card.  I used the Nifty Fifties Cricut cartridge, and cut it at 2", plus did the shadow in red.  The ribbon is red with black dots, and the bow is black with white dots.

Here's the inside:

Again, I used the Nifty Fifties cartridge to make the bowling ball and pin. 

The one I made for hubby needs a little explanation - LOL.  He plays an online game, and it has sound effects.  One is a little kid singing, and he loves that one and plays it all the time.  So - I typed it up and printed it on cardstock and matted it.  He got a kick out of it.  I used the Graphically Speaking cartridge to cut the "Play Hard" sentiment.

Today's my son's birthday, so I made a birthday card for him.  He loves fishing, so I covered the card stock with patterned paper that has a fishing theme:

Then for today's last effort, I needed to make a Thank You card for a gift. 

On this card, I tried out a ribbon pleating technique that I saw in an Archivers video, and added a lavender brad.  The flower at the top I made from 3 circles of coordinating paper that I tore and distressed, and added a heart gem in the center.  The sentiment I printed from my computer.  You can't see it in this photo, but it has star embellishments that I filled in with StarDust Stickles.

So, all in all, it's been a pretty productive day!  And how was your day?

1 comment: